Nipomo, CA | Temp to Hire
Summary/Objective: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Controller will manage two employees in the accounting department.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
2. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
1. Ensure that accounts payable is paid in a timely manner
2. Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly
3. Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
4. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
5. Maintain the chart of accounts
6. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
7. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
5. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
6. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
7. Provide for a system of management cost reports
8. Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
9. Meetings with board of directors to report financials.
1. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
2. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings and interface with Company’s CPA firm engaged for tax compliance work.
Skills and Abilities:
Should maintain good relationship and communicate frequently regarding business related needs with the Manager, Department Managers, Suppliers, Staffs, and auditors. Must have good decision making skills with regards to operational decisions by recommending financial changes in line with the Manager.
1. A Manager should apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, communication.
Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word and Outlook Proficiency in FAMOUS, AgKnowledge a plus.
Physical Demands: Primarily in an office environment. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.